Friday, August 13, 2010

My Favorite Craft Challenge Sites

Next week, as part of my "Becoming a Life Artist" series, I will talk a bit about getting over a creative block. I love challenge blogs for this! The ones I list today will focus on scrapbooking and other paper crafts. In the future I will do a list of writing prompt sites and photography challenges. If you would like for me to compile a list of other kinds of challenge sites, just let me know!
In no particular order:

SplitcoastStampers- I love this place because it is a community. You really get to know other scrapbookers and cardmakers. Every day they have different challenges based on sketches, color combinations, an inspiration piece, a technique- whatever. It is definitely a one-stop shop. If you create a free account here, look me up! My user name is rdoak03.

Mojo Monday- A weekly card sketch is posted every Monday. Once a month there is a contest where you can win some stamps! Hosted by Julee Tillman, the creator and owner of Verve Stamps. Here's a recent project from me.

Scrappin Silhouettes- A new scrapbook sketch blog, updated every Thursday. Of course I put this on here because I am on the design team!  What is great about this blog is that a) Jennipher, the sketch designer, is truly a wonderful person b) it is not affiliated with any company or brand c) each week features a different number of photos on the sketch d) the design team is comprised of artists with different styles, and e) I'm on the design team!!! Here is my latest project using a Scrappin' Silhouette.

 Sketchy Thursdays- Another weekly scrapbook sketch. Lots of cool designers from all over the world.

Etsy Inspired- This is a really cool challenge site. Every week you are directed to a different Etsy shop for inspiration. You create any kind of project you want from there! My blog buddy and friend IRL Emily is on this design team.

Pencil Lines- Yet another great scrapbook sketch blog. Here's one of my favorite layouts I made using their sketch.
I really could go on and on with this list; the sites for inspiration probably number in the tens of thousands. Do you have a favorite crafting challenge website?  Let us know!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: