Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Becoming a Life Artist: Week 6- Embrace Imperfection

Imperfection is everywhere. It is life. Why waste time worrying about it? Ali Edwards reminds us that fear of imperfection can keep us from enjoying and creating and celebrating the everyday.

For me, fear of rejection keeps me from seeking out freelance/editorial/product review opportunities. What if they say no? What if they don't like my work? What if they think I'm no good? What if they think I'm imperfect?

One of my readers, Elyse, author of By Little Hands, said this in a comment to an earlier post:  I have spent the last year trying to accept every moment as perfect, no matter how off my plan or vision it goes. Sometimes I forget but when I remember it makes everyone happier!


Can you imagine how joyful our lives would be if we stopped worrying about imperfection and began thinking of every moment as perfect in its own right? And what message do we send to others when we  broadcast our own fears and self-doubts? Can something you do or make be "good enough"?

Here's a few more nuggets of inspiration:

~ To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection. ~ Wayne Dyer


~ Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it is better to absolutely ridiculus than absolutely boring. ~ Marilyn Monroe


~ A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections ~ Chinese Proverb

(retrieved from Finest Quotes)
Is fear of imperfection keeping you from reaching towards a dream or trying something new?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: