Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Random Dozen 9/1/10

Haven't done the Random Dozen Meme in a while...head on over to Linda's and check it out!





1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
Hands down, spiders. I can't even bear to post a photo. Ugg.
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
I'm obsessive about turning off lights in the house. I take my own bags with me to the grocery store.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
None lately. When I was in high school I had one about my dad dying, and me finding out at school. FYI, he's still living!


4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
College. I was going to visit my mom, flying from Ohio to Texas. I spent the night with a friend, who was taking me to the airport the next morning. We overslept and I missed my flight. My mom, understandably, was so mad!!


5. What do you consider your best feature?
My eyes. I have been complimented on them since I was a child. They tend to shift between blue and green.


6. What was the last concert you went to?
Chemical Valley, my sister-in-law's band.


7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
Christmas Eve, 2005. My then 3 year old daughter stood up on the pew when the pastor (in robes) walked in, and shouted, "Where there's somthing you don't see everyday"! People still talk about it.


8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
Mostly a singer. I love singing in the car!


9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
Fall is around the corner. It is time to slow down.


10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
There's always the chance that I will question authority at my weekly staff meeting and get in trouble!


11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
Taco Bell. The Liberty Bell is only a symbol. Taco Bell, on the other hand, is open late in case of cheese-beef-and-heartburn cravings.


12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
Absolutely. Maybe, just maybe, not all men are hornballs.