Monday, September 6, 2010

Describe Your Life in Three Words

A few weeks ago I found this cool blog, Raising Amazing Daughters, through SITS. The Secret is in the Support, or SITS,  is a community of women bloggers who support each other through commenting. Anyway, I liked that this blog has four writers- mom and her three grown daughters (sometimes dad chimes in). So I subscribed to their blog and received one of their lastest posts in my email inbox. The subject was based on the Julia Roberts movie/book by Elizabeth Gilbert titled "Eat, Pray Love". The four women put their own spin on the title and came up with their own versions to fit their lives. It was a humerous post, but also thought-provoking. Here's my take on the idea...

If a movie were made about my life, the best three-word title would be "Love, Read, Scrap".

Love- My family is very important to me, from grandparents to nieces and nephews. My husband is very supportive and has remained true to our wedding vows, "in sickness and in health". My kids are, well, amazing. My three best friends fill my heart and soul with laughter.

Read- My love of reading started with an obsession with cereal boxes. I will still read anything I can get my hands on. Words are like candy to me.

Scrap- Regular readers of my blog know I am a dedicated scrapbooker. From taking the photos, to creating the page, to recording the memory with journaling, this hobby is a major part of my life. I love the sense that I am documenting something for future generations.

It was really tough to narrow my list of words to just three. So many things make up the core activities of my life. Here are the runners-up:  music, eat, shoot (photos), friends, play, home.

Give it a shot. Describe your life in three words!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: