Monday, September 13, 2010

Food For Thought: Living a Minimalist Lifestyle

I recently ran across the blog of Raam Dev, a self-proclaimed Minimalist Digital Nomad. I browsed through a couple of posts, and was intrigued by his lifestlye. Twenty-five things in his backpack. Embracing failure.  Traveling foreign countries. Was this guy for real?

I concluded that he was. He is just an ordinary guy, following his passion for sustainable abundance. I highly recommend his free e-book, Small Ways to Make a Big Difference, which according to Raam, came together thus:

"In just three weeks, over 40 bloggers contributed more than 100 ways to live more sustainable, to live happier and healthier, to get more out of life, to inspire and share, to reconnect with our true selves, to be a leader, to exist more intelligently."


It's a good thing Raam doesn't advocate his lifestlye for everyone; that would seriously undermine his credibility in my book. I have a mortgage and two kids! Giving up the majority of my material possessions and traveling the world just wouldn't work for me. But I can find ways to reduce the need for "stuff", stress, and pointless activities in my daily life.

Check out his compilation and let me know what you think!