Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Book Review: A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

A Visit from the Goon SquadA Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

What did I think? I think I was confused and bored while reading this book. I was also sad, because I loved The Keep and wanted to love this novel as well.

It just had way too many characters, none well developed in my opinion, and it was too disjointed. Egan jumps from person to person, era to era, and place to place in the blink of an eye. No rhyme or reason that I could see.

And really, what's the message? You are young and do stupid things, you get old and things get better or worse, or stay the same. Seriously, that's what I got out of it. No great drama, no mysteries revealed.

If you like mulitple point-of-view writing and more description than plot, this may be for you. Just not my cup of tea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!