Friday, February 3, 2012

Book Review: Down the Darkest Road by Tami Hoag

Down the Darkest Road (Oak Knoll #3)Down the Darkest Road by Tami Hoag
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is the third and final installment in Hoag's Oak Knoll series. It would do well as a stand-alone read, but it was nice to revisit charaters such as Anne and Vince Leone, Tony Mendez, and young Wendy.

The plot, although not terribly inventive, is quickly paced and has a few suspenseful moments- a mother seeks answers and revenge for her teenage daughter's abduction. This book contains quite a bit of cussing and perversion, which I don't remember from previous books in the series.

My major complaint about this book is Hoag's overuse of similies. Her fear was like acid in her veins...His eyes were like the blackest night...the memory was like a knife...on and on the similies go, seemingly in every paragraph.

Overall, not a terrible read, but not my favorite in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!