Saturday, February 11, 2012

Book Review: The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson

The Girl Who Played With FireThe Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I actually may have liked this book better than the first, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. If you read the first in the series, which you should, you are already invested in the lives of these characters- Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist in particular. You care about what happens to them, and read in disbelief as they encounter one dangerous situation after another.

This installment takes us into Lisbeth's past and gives details about her murky and troubled childhood, which has caught up with her. Salander's life is in danger and she is wanted by the police. Even though she hasn't spoken to Blomkvist in over a year, he once again puts on his "detective" hat and helps her the best he can from afar.

As with the first book, there are lots of players in this story, with names you won't be able to pronounce. If you can get past that, and the first couple of slow chapters that don't have much to do with the main plot, you'll enjoy the mystery, puzzle and danger Larsson has served up in this sequel.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I listened to the audio version of all three of the books - that helped considerably with the names :) Oh I was SO sad when I finished the last one. I liked these better than the Hunger Games books that everyone when on & on about...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!