Monday, February 7, 2011

Best Basic Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Betty Crocker is awesome. What can I say? She saved me one snowy day (stuck home with two bored kids) with this cookie recipe....

Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup stick butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1 cup flour
1 cup raisins**

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients except for oats, flour and raisins
3. Add oats, flour, and raisins
4. Drop by the spoonful onto ungreased baking sheets
5. Bake 9-11 minutes or until light brown
Yields about 3 1/2 dozen cookies


** I call this the best basic oatmeal cookie recipe because I rarely use raisins! Whatever I have on hand is what goes into the bowl- dried cranberries, nuts, peanut butter or butterscotch chips....  today I happened to have a half package each of white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips, so in they went! And, I almost always use more than 1 cup of whatever it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!