Thursday, April 22, 2010

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Well, I am ready to go, but the packing bit isn't quite true. I am going away for my bi-annual girls' weekend tomorrow. (Huge sigh of relief and contentment).  Three of my besties from college and I get together twice a year to celebrate women, good food, good drink, and our enduring friendships. I return to my family and my job feeling bouyed and refreshed. More positive about life in general. To help you start planning for your own girls' getaway, here are a list of my must-haves. Ready? Set...PACK!

  • camera (duh)
  • bottle (or two or three) of wine (don't forget the bottle opener!)
  • Tylenol (see above)
  • swimsuit, cover-up and flip-flops (hotel hot-tubbing, anyone?)
  • hummus and Trader Joe's Pita Chips
  • something cute to wear (we usually go out one evening)
  • comfy shoes (we always go shopping!)
  • excitement, love and laughter (all 100% guaranteed)
I'd love to hear about traditions you have with your friends, or your own must-have list for a girly get-together! Pictures will follow soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're having a good time! I really need to organize something with my friends. I have a small group from college (three other women) that gets together sometime around Christmas each year. We drag our husbands & kids (two of them have two girls each). But I think it would be great fun to get away somewhere beachy in the summer. They're all so busy - but maybe we can get it together...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!