Friday, February 5, 2010

Writer's Workshop: A letter to SpongeBob

Mama's Losin' It

Writer's Workshop: An open letter to a cartoon character.


I am angry with SpongeBob Squarepants.






Dear Mr. Squarepants:

Please leave my daughters alone. Especially Morgan. When you are not in her face and in her head, she is charming, smart and creative. When she gets fixated on one of your idiodic episodes, she mimics your antics until she is sent to the hallway by her teacher "until she can calm down".

You should know that you have been banned from our house. Any momentary relief I felt when my children would veg out in front of your show has been replaced by embarrassment (from the issues at school) and annoyance (from dinner conversation beginning with, "Mom, did you see what SpongeBob did...).

Yes, banned. It may seem harsh, and you may seem like an innocent sponge, but I know better. You are addictive and promote stupidity. Going cold-turkey was tough on my kids, I admit, but I am convinced they will be smarter and more interesting because of it.

Sincerely,
Fed Up Momma


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!