Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Book Review: Playing James (2002) by Sarah Mason

This was the January selected reading for the Sistahood of the Reading Bellas club on SCS.





It is a cute and quick read with a well-developed lead character. Holly, a newspaper reporter, has been assigned to follow a detective and write about their adventures. The overall premise reminds me of one of my favorite television shows, Castle.



Holly is klutzy and accident prone, much to the chagrin of her handsome, no-nonsense detective. A string of robberies turns this novel into a mystery-within-a-romance.



My favorite aspect of the book is the British colloquialisms peppered throughout the scenes and dialogue. Have you ever met a bloke or made a run for the loo?



I would recommend this book if you’re looking for quirky characters with a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!