Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Altered fencepost

I think this is finished. Maybe it needs something at the top? Anyway, this little wall hanging started life as a fencepost. After cutting off the top and sanding it down, I painted it with gray and white acrylic paint. The background paper is from an old dictionary, if you look close the definition for "twinkle" is at the top! I stamped Print Pattern in VersaMark and embossed with UTEE, then went over the whole thing with Peeled Paint distress ink. It is adhered with Modge Podge. The sentiment (from Unity) was stamped in Going Gray on a scrap. I hand-cut the stars from chipboard (ok, a cereal box!) and embossed them with silver EP. Very shiny in real life, a nice contrast to the otherwise weathered look, I think. The star at the bottom is popped up with foam adhesive. Some garage-sale ribbon, and done! Please let me know what you think!

Supplies:
paper: dictionary, scraps
ink: Peeled Paint (Tim Holtz), Going Gray (SU), VersaMark
stamp: Print Pattern (SU), Birdie Inspriation (Unity)
other: UTEE, silver EP, ribbon, Modge Podge, foam adhesive
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!