Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday 4/21/11

I love my job. I love working with kiddos with disabilities, especially those with autism. I love helping the parents feel more comfortable with how they interact with their kids. I love working with professionals from lots of different disciplines.

But sometimes my job is really tough.  I am a mandatory reporter for suspected abuse or neglect, and last week, for the first time in my 15 years in this field, I had to make a call to Children's Services. 

The thankful part? In this case, the system seems to be working. The parents are following through with all the caseworker's recommendations and continuing to allow me into their home to support them. The house is safer, the kids healthier. 

My job may not always be easy,  but every once in a while, I make a big difference.

Share your gratitudes with The Bug.

Image source: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200805/there-is-only-one-human-culture
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad this story has a good outcome - but I can imagine how hard it would be to make that call.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!