Monday, October 18, 2010

Amazing Cookies from Mummy Crafts!

Hi! I'm Crafty Mummy and I blog over at Mummy Crafts.
Thanks for letting me drop by today, Bekah!
I'm a SAHM to 2 kids and a lovely hubby in Queensland, Australia.
I love to craft - sewing, quilting, knitting, scrapbooking - anything really!
Today I'm going to share some baking with you.
A couple of months ago I bought some homemade cookies
from my son's kindy for a fundraiser.
They were delicious!
The difference to my own recipe was the rolled oats
so I did some searching and found this recipe on Taste.com.au

Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15mins
Ingredients:
  • 125g butter or margarine, at room temperature
  • 2/3 cup (135g, firmly packed) brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • 110g (3/4 cup) plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 110g (1 1/4 cups) rolled oats
  • 140g (3/4 cup) dark Choc Bits

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180C and line your baking trays with baking paper
  2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla
  3. Add egg and beat until combined
  4. Sift together the flour and bicarb, then add to creamed mixture
  5. Add choc chips and oats, and stir al that through
  6. Drop teaspoons of mixture onto your tray, about 10cm apart to allow for spreading
  7. Bake for for about 15mins or until golden
  8. Allow them to cool on the tray for 2-3 mins before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling
  9. They'll keep for up to a week in an airtight container
Now if you want to share them with the family and friends, or donate a few to the school fete, you can see how I packaged mine up over in this post: Cookies for School
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful, I think I'm making cookies in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!