Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Morning Musings

So I've been awake since 3am. I finally got out of bed at about 3:30. Here's what's rattling around my brain this early Monday morning!

  • Why am I up so early? Prednisone. Lots and lots of prednisone. Continuing my love/hate relationship with this stuff. Mood swings. Racing thoughts. Hunger. Hyperactivity. Irritability. I may feel a little sorry for myself, but I really feel worse for the people who are riding this roller coaster with me!
  • Some anxiety about my busy week ahead. Three dance rehearsals, three doctor appointments, dance recital, work, reading camp, Father's Day cookout, and a promised trip to the amusement park. WHAT was I thinking??!!
  • Thank goodness for Facebook. I have friends in enough different time zones, so there's always someone to talk to, no matter the hour.
  • I'm a little afraid of raccoons. We have a family living in our garage, which we don't use much so that part doesn't really bother me. However, running into them in the dark at 4am is a little unsettling. (I was taking out the trash. Really, what does one DO at 4am??)
  • Need to get on the ball with making Father's Day cards. I don't really have any "manly" stamps. Ideas??
  • I need to color my hair (home job) and get a haircut. Which one goes first for best results?
  • Coffee and brownies are awesome at 5am. Just sayin.
  • Worried about my oldest daughter. Hubs and I are talking to a psychologist today about her. More on that later. Yep, I'll put it all out there. I only have about two blog readers, anyway!
I think that pretty much sums it up. I think it's a decent hour (now 5:30am) to start getting ready for work. I have so much time that I'm sure to look gorgeous today! Have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. I have no opinion about which to do first, but I will offer some advice. Maybe you're better at it than I am, but I ended up with little blobs of hair dye all over my bathroom on Saturday. So next time I'm making Mike do my hair in the
    back yard. Do you think he will?

    Sorry about Morgan - it's rough when you're worried about your kids. Especially if you're on Prednisone. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on prednisone, too, but only seem to be getting fatter and not more energetic at all. Don't know if this will help, but what got me through my oldest daughter's rebellious, ANGRY adolescence was this prayer which I said over and over again as a mantra so I would not say something I would regret: "Bless _________, change me."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!