Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Best Beauty Buys

Most of my adult life, I have been a "buy what's on sale" kinda gal when it comes to beauty products.  I think I may change my tune, based on such great results with the following items.
Just FYI, this is my opinion on these products only! I am not gaining anything from my review!


Nice n' Easy Foam hair color- I recently tried this after becoming unhappy with Clariol cream color. I found the foam easy to apply, and it actually DID cover all my grays. Note- I found it necessary to shake the bottle before each pump. I bought Light Brown, which turned out a little darker than I anticipated.


It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product- A co-worker turned me on to this. I was surprised to find it at my local CVS/pharmacy, instead of a salon-product boutique. It's a little pricey (about $10-12 for 2 oz.), but a little goes a long way. Just spray in damp hair- it adds shine, softness, and protects color treatments.


Ped Egg foot file- I really thought this was all hype, until I saw it mentioned on Crunchy Betty's blog.  I found it at CVS for 9.99, and had a 30% off coupon. So worth it. Easy to use and great results. I recommend using this prior to showering, bathing, or soaking feet.

Sally Hansen  Diamond Strength nail polish- I bought Pink Promise, which is a pale color with a bit of sheen. Much more subtle than the chunky glitter polish I put on my toes a while back. I had to scrape that stuff off! Great thickness, goes on easily, actually is chip resistant, dries relatively quickly, and comes off easily with polish remover.

Bare Minerals Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser- I have to admit, the water-activated powder took some getting used to. But the result is fresh, soft, make-up free skin. I use Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals skin care and make-up almost exclusively now. More expensive than store brands, but it works and lasts quite a while. Catch it on sale at QVC (their auto-ship and stretch pay options are great!) or the BE website and give it a try!


Just another note-- did you know that CVS accepts returns on any make-up, even if it's been opened and used? What a great policy!

Please share your fave, totally-worth-the-price products in your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!