Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions in One Little Word

For those of you who know me and my blog, you also know that I find Ali Edwards to be a huge source of inspiration. She has a concept called "One Little Word" that invites you to choose a word for the year and reflect, plan, and create around it. I started musing about a word for 2011 by reflecting on 2010.

This past year has been: chaotic, inspirational, terrifying, pride-swelling, busy, depressing, fun, challenging.... I could go on and on! But in a word, exhausting to both body and spirit. I need a change. I need calm. 

To me, calm would mean:
  • a doable and less stressful morning routine
  • pleasant family evenings together
  • no life-threatening diseases, operations, or accidents
  • less financial stress
  • energy and time to create
  • a less cluttered house
  • less stuff, period.
I am seeking calm in my everydays and in the big moments, too. So much of this calm is within my power to claim, if I only work at it. So in lieu of a list of New Year's Resolutions, I am making just one-- Create calm whenever possible, and seek inner calmness when circumstances are out of my control. 

5 comments:

  1. You are so right. I hope this new year brings you the calmness in every aspect of your life, you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great resolution, and one that can be attainable little bits at a time. I have been working on "less is more" at my house. Both in my decor and my lifestyle. I have hauled bags and bags of "stuff" to goodwill and to the garbage. It is very liberating!

    I hope the New Year brings you the calm you desire!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful word! I have it on a Page on my wall with a picture of me looking over a bridge at the water. I really does help to look up every now and then and see the Word and the Picture in that Calm moment.

    I hope you find your Calm in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calm is definitely the word - please do a monthly post to remind us to work toward that goal. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are we related?? I just posed somewhere else that while I don't really pick a word each year, if I were to pick one it would be "calm"!!! I totally hear you!!!! Here's to 2011 being more calm for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!