Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Random Dozen 11/4



1. It's early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light?


I am cringing as I write this, but I wait. What a wimp.

2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?

I would drink more water. I had a ton of caffeine today and am feeling a little buzzed and headachy. Other than that, I can’t think of anything that was in my control that I would change!

3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)

I usually go back to her/his blog and comment. If I think about it, I will go to her/his profile and look for an email address.

4. Your favorite Disney movie is:

Sleeping Beauty

5. Do you recycle?

Oh, you really want me to answer this question in this day and age?! Yes and no. We don’t recycle things like cans and pizza boxes, because it costs quite a bit to recycle where I live and we are on a very tight budget. However, more than a little of our potential household waste goes into crafting projects! I also employ reusable grocery bags. Does that count?

6. Games of strategy or games of chance?

I prefer games of chance, so if I lose I can pretend it's not my fault!

7. Do you have any recurring dreams?

I did when I was in high school, a terrible one about my father dying and me hiding behind the school to cry. Thankfully that one only lasted about 6 months, and I have not had a recurring dream since.

8. What did you learn from your first real job?

That I am not as patient as I had thought.

9. Do you buy or borrow most books?

Mostly borrow.

10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?

I honestly can’t think of anything, but I am really looking forward to everyone’s responses!

11. When do you start Christmas shopping?

I usually start sometime in September. I need to spread out the spending over a few months. Last year was my first time braving “Black Friday” and I had a great time, so I will probably try that again. This year I am making a lot of gifts and have already purchased most of the materials I will need for those (lots of crochet).

12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?

At least twice a year, when my college girlfriends and I get together for our bi-annual girls weekend! When we're finally all together in the hotel lobby, it's time for the happy dance!

Visit Linda for more Random Dozen answers!

3 comments:

  1. We're off to a little college reunion in another week and I imagine I'll be doing a happy dance then too...Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bi-annual girls weekend. I desperately need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every Christmas when we see each other my friends & I say we need to get away together - but they all live in NC & we haven't ever figured out where a good location would be (flying somewhere isn't an option). It's great that you & your friends have girls' weekends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!