Saturday, August 25, 2012

Then and Now

What a difference a year makes!


Last year about this time, I was sick. Really, really sick. Dizzy and in pain, on tons of steroids, unable to work. Felt terrible, looked terrible. Back then, I wrote about the Face of Prednisone, about how cruel life-saving drugs can be. I was on the medication from about May 2011 to April 2012. Here's what I looked like in November of last year:
 
Since I went back to work in December, I have been working hard to lose the steroid weight and get in shape. After losing about 20 pounds on my own, I got serious and joined Weight Watchers Online. I know it's not for everyone, but it has worked for me in the past, so I jumped on a sale they ran at the end of April. So far, 51 pounds gone! Here's me, this past weekend:



I am a work in progress. I still have a lot of weight to lose. Next up is adding regular exercise into my life. But I am feeling stronger and healthier every day. I can carry a load of laundry up the stairs without pain- I can take a walk at the park without being dizzy- I can drive myself to work- that's such a great feeling!

What a difference a year makes.

This post was inspired by The Bug's post about her own then/now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!