Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Little Word for 2012

Ali Edward's concept of One Little Word has totally changed the way I think about New Year's Resolutions. I don't make a list anymore, although I could... lose weight, save more money, blog more, plan a family vacation, go on more dates with my husband....

My word for 2011 was chosen from a short list that all had potential to guide me through the year. 2012's word practically screamed at me! 


My poor physical health this past year certainly had something to do with my choice, but as I really thought about this word, I realized it was perfect for so many more reasons, and it can have so many more meanings... physical, mental/spiritual, financial, relationships...

This past year I thought about my word a lot, blogged about it, and even took some action. But I wanted more. More ways to incorporate it into my life, more ways to document my journey with my word, and more accountability. So I am  taking a class (led by Ali) that will give me monthly prompts and assignments, plus a group of women who are also documenting their word for 2012.

I can't wait to create and share my One Little Word scrapbook! Do you have a special word for 2012?

3 comments:

  1. That's a good word. I still remember being at a treatment center in 1995 where a therapist told another person there, "Choose HEALTH." That's a good thought. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great word that can encompass so many aspects of life. I hope that 2012 brings you lots of health, Bekah! You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that word & your definition of it - it could certainly apply to me this year too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!