Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Distress Inks




I am LOVING my new Tim Holtz Distress Inks! I spent a little time playing with them using the awesome tutorials from Two Peas In a Bucket. I am telling you, the 9 week "Thinking Inking" class is one of the best I have ever seen! I have a little trouble viewing the videos from their website, so try going straight to You Tube and search "Thinking Inking".

Here are some tags I made, just playing around. Tomorrow I will show a card using embossed resist with the distress inks.
The bottom tag was inked with Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Aged Walnut. The images are from the SU Garden Whimsy set.
FYI, I tried many applicators (regular sponges, baby wipes, make-up sponges) with these inks, but in the end wasn't happy with the results. I broke down and bought the Ranger ink applicator and pads, and they really do work the best!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!